Friday, November 15, 2013

Collaboration Canvas

The original canvas was titled “An introduction to a unit plan on World War II: The Pacific”.  This original unit showed how the atomic bombs use affected the outcome of the war.  To put a math spin on it I decided to use ratios and percentages to show damage and chances of surviving an atomic bomb.  I concentrated the math part of this collaborative lesson on the atomic bomb because it seemed to be the main focus of the original canvas.  I knew how I wanted to use the math for this unit; however I wanted to make it an interesting introduction to engage the students.  All of my supporting tools, such as the video, picture gallery, and additional resources were there to connect the history aspect of WWII with the mathematics behind it.  The pictures help show the radius of the blast and the damage done per second.  The video also shows the blast radius for bombs of different sizes.  I did not remove anything from the original canvas because it all meshed well with my side of the collaborative unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment