Sunday, November 3, 2013

Unit Plan Canvas

Creating this canvas was a fun and great idea because it allows our students to see what they are going to be learning.  This will help engage them in their learning.  I really enjoyed making this because I was able to explore videos and images about this unit.  I would not have viewed this video otherwise.  This is something I will definitely use in my future classes because I know as a student I would have loved to have an insight into what I was learning.  In high school my classes normally just moved from unit to unit without a proper introduction.  I think my friends and I could have benefited from knowing what we were starting next.  In addition to this I like how the students can leave comments and questions on the “what do you think” tab.  If we can know what our students are thinking then we can teach them what they do not know.  This unit is all about the geometry of circles.  This unit will teach students the basic terminology and key concepts.  They will learn about area and circumference of circles.   

No comments:

Post a Comment